- About us
- Our Connectivity Strategy
- Contact us
Midlands Engine Rail is a £3.5 billion programme of improvements to deliver a step-change in rail connectivity across the region, deliverable in phases.
Midlands Engine Rail (MER) includes:
• 736 extra passenger services a day
• 60 stations in the Midlands to benefit from faster, more frequent and/or new direct services
• 72 more freight trains per day
• Fully integrated with High Speed Two.
MER brings together seven of Midlands Connect’s rail projects under one banner, including the flagship Midlands Rail Hub, to highlight the transformative potential that improving east-west connections can have on the Midlands’ social, environmental and economic success.
Midlands Engine Rail: our plan for a more sustainable, productive and mobile Midlands